The Saint Albans Museum (SAM) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Summer 2019 Educational Fellowship. This full-time, paid internship position will provide practical, hands-on experience in museum/historic site administration, educational programming development, collections management, visitor services, oral history & research, and community outreach. Training, ongoing mentorship, and opportunities for professional development will be provided. The purpose of this program is to prepare the next generation of museum education and cultural heritage professionals. Funding for this opportunity is provided by a 2019 Internship Grant from the Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership.
– Coordinate educational programs, specifically Lake Lessons & the St. Albans Bay Storytelling Project (focusing on digitization and workshops for STEM/cultural heritage topics on Lake Champlain)
– Lead tours of the Saint Albans Museum
– Assist with the promotion and implementation of special events
– Author original communications/social media content
– Perform collections cataloging/data entry (including artifact photography)
– Research and update Farming Franklin County exhibit materials, focusing on 100th anniversary of the St. Albans Cooperative Creamery; provide support for the Rail City History Project
Intern Skills Needed/Desired
– Demonstrated interest in history, collections, archives, and/or Vermont towns
– Comfortable speaking to both groups and individuals
– Attention to detail and an ability to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines
– Computer skills, including office software & social media platforms (design experience a plus)
– First Aid/CPR training
– Training in Past Perfect Museum software
– RISE VT wellness program
Applications are now closed.