The Saint Albans Museum (SAM) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Spring 2020 Internship.
Project Category: Collections Management & Archives Intern
Internship Timing: Spring 2020
Internship Length: 14 weeks / 15 hours per week (preferred dates: Jan 27 – May 2, 2020)
Project Description: Interns will gain hands-on experience as part of an on-going project to inventory and document museum collections – as well as exhibit design/installation work for the Rail City History Project. Primary responsibilities will include cataloging, photography, and transporting objects/archival materials from one location to another. Additional duties will vary, including cleaning and moving artifacts, organizing documents, research, and writing. Interns will also be asked to assist with special events (including the Maple Festival Open House) as well as authoring social media/blog posts.
– Inventorying and cataloging (data entry)
– Working with written records
– Cleaning and moving artifacts
– Photography and scanning
– Researching and writing
– Designing exhibit visuals/interactives/educational components
– Performing community outreach and education
Intern Skills Needed/Desired:
– Demonstrated interest in history, collections, archives, Vermont towns
– Attention to detail
– Comfort with general computer, database, and photography skills, including office software (familiarity with Past Perfect a plus but not required)
Benefits offered: Stipend ($2,500) First Aid/CPR training; Academic Credit may be arranged
Applications will be accepted through January 10, 2020. Please email a cover letter and resume/CV in PDF format.